Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rewrite

I had a friend point out to me the other day that I haven't been doing my due diligence on the whole blog thing.

She's right.

I suck at this. Mostly because I could really turn this into a rambling affair rather quickly. Well, that and the fact that I really don't want to write posts at work. Then, when I'm home, it's supper, play with the chillin's for a few hours, clean up a little, then bed. I guess I manage a little TV in there somewhere, too. I suppose I could use the time in front of the TV to knock out a post or two, but I've never been one to multitask like that. That would cause even more rambling! Hard to get followers like that.

The other thing that's a little annoying to me is the title of the blog. Cayenne and Coffee?? Seriously??!? What was I thinking?? I mean, I like spicy foods, I like coffee. But between the first post and this last one, I've kind of slowed down on the whole cayenne IN my coffee. I really like the Spicy Mocha from Caribou Coffee still, as well as the Mayan Sun from the local place, but I don't make a habit of putting cayenne in my coffee. First off, I noticed that it floats and doesn't get mixed in very well. I've heard about putting it in with the grounds, and that would work, but then my wife would have spicy coffee, too, and I don't think she'd appreciate that all too much.

I was turned to a great blog that seems right up my alley the other day from a Twitter friend. I kind of want to pattern this blog after that, too. But I don't want to (completely) copy someone else's idea. I did enough of that in college. (KIDDING!)

So, I'm going to try to get back into posting. I'm not sure how it will all turn out, I just promise that I'll put more effort into it. There may be changes as I get my feet wet and try new things, so please bear with me as I get it all sorted out.

1 comment:

  1. No worries!! Like I tweeted you, what really helps me is the daily stuff Motivational Monday (this one seems right up your ally), Random Thought Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday... It keeps me on a schedule and gives me a basic topic to build off.

    I like the title (personally), and how many blog titles really match the subject matter? If you like it as a title (not as a reference to a drink) I say go for it, if you want to change it, I'll follow you there, too. I'm actually thinking about changing mine, it's so common!

    Bottom line: It's your blog and you should be comfortable with all of it. And, if you want to drop it, you are still always welcome to guest post on mine when you have the need to write.

    ReplyDelete