Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frustration

As you can tell by the title of this post, this is going to be a rambling, complaining type of post today.

I am frustrated.

Why? I'm frustrated for many reasons. Let's take a look-see, shall we?
  1. I haven't posted to this blog as often as I'd like to. I get good topic ideas but forget to write them down. So then when I DO have time to write, I don't really have a subject. That's gonna change. I'm gonna write down post ideas on my Android now. That should help.
  2. I've been doing this healthy lifestyle thing for a while now, and I'm seeing little results. Well, on the scale, that is. My clothes feel looser, so that should be a good sign to me that what I'm doing is working. But I still want to see those damn numbers on that damn thing I step on every week to go down. Why won't the numbers budge??!? Especially if my clothes are feeling better?
  3. I've been focusing on cutting back on my calorie intake and eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, eating different colors, getting whole grains in, eating more fish, etc. But the other day I was just SICK of veggies. I think, though, that I was just sick of broccoli and cauliflower. That has been our standard, our go-to veggie staple when we're in a hurry or can't come up with anything else. I've kind of gotten over that hump now, since I've had some just awesome roasted broccoli/cauliflower the past 2 days. But they included brussels sprouts and asparagus, too. So maybe the change has helped. The other thing is I just wanted to tear into a burger the other day. Not a healthy thing. But I also realized that denying myself the burger was a pretty unhealthy idea, too. Too bad I didn't have that thought before I ordered my meal. Oh well, it's a journey.
  4. The past couple of times I've hit the pool it's felt like I've been swimming through Jell-O. What was once pretty easy to accomplish has just taken forever, with my muscles seeming to not want to cooperate with me and my lap speed taking a hit. It appears I've hit a proverbial wall with an exercise program. The trouble is, I don't really know what to do now. Do I take a break from the pool and do some cardio this week instead? Do I push through the soreness, stiffness and the burning muscles when I try to swim? Which is better? Which will help me get my lap times back up? I don't know.
  5. UConn beat Butler. I was pulling for Butler. I'm not frustrated they lost. That was a very distinct possibility. I'm disappointed that they couldn't shoot for *@#%!!! I mean, c'mon! How can you expect to win when you shoot 12-64 on the floor??!? I understand that teams have bad nights, but the championship game is NOT the place to all of a sudden go cold with your shooting! Sheesh! (BTW, congratulations to UConn. Even though I was cheering for Butler and I think they played like louts, you had an awesome tourney run and deserve the title, gents!)
  6. Now we come to my Twinkies....(That's the Minnesota Twins, for those of you not familiar with the endearing term for our beloved team). I don't know where to begin! I am certainly not a bandwagon fan, nor am I one who believes a baseball season is a sprint instead of a marathon, but...SERIOUSLY??!? Pitching was going to be questionable, but it's downright abysmal! And our batting? Ugh. Last night it was mentioned, before the game, I believe, that through the first 3 games the Yankees already had 11 home runs while the Twins only had 3 (THREE!) extra base hits!! Ouch! Seriously, Twins fans, there is no need to panic, yet. But this team HAS to settle down, or I'm going to be needing a case of Maalox a week before the All-Star break. Oh, and our high-priced, above-average hotshot middle infielder from Japan we just picked up? He already has 2 errors! I truly hope it's just nerves from playing over here in the US, but it's still the same game.
Okay. I think I'm done ranting now. Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment