Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Late

I got this idea from a friend's blog (http://www.spoiledmenagerie.com). It's something she's going to be featuring every so often (if it's more or less than that, sorry K!) called "10 on Tuesday". Seemed like fun so I'm going to "borrow" it for today (yes, even though it's technically Wednesday).

1. What is the weather like in your city today?
Beautiful, actually. Warm, sunny sky. A few wispy clouds. Temps creeping up to where they should be for this time of year. It's a day to make you glad you're alive, one that can energize you as you soak up all that glorious vitamin D from the sun, smell the fresh air and hear the birds chip!

2. Do you like the zoo?
LOVE the zoo! So much so that we're members. We love taking the girls up there, walking in the fresh air and seeing some animals we'd never be able to. It's a little sad they're in captivity and not free to roam as they'd like, but I think the educational opportunities and excitement and adventure that the zoo can inspire in people offsets that issue, for the most part. And the zoo we're members of is very respectful of the animals and is highly focused on issues of environment, activism and animal rights.

3. Do you eat coconut?
Yup. Even drink the water!

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
I know how to use a hammer, yes. Am I good at it? So-so. I'm not all that handy around the house, but I have some skills.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Most often it's my wife's aunt's house in northwestern Minnesota. We tend to go there for extended weekends a few times a year.

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
One. But it's a Tempur-Pedic­® pillow, so it should count as more than one!

7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit the snooze. Once I actually roll out of bed, the first thing I usually do is take care of morning "stuff".

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
Not sure. We left Daughter #1 with my wife's aunt for the rest of this week and I had a hard time driving away. I'm gonna miss her! :`-(

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
Sour cream, butter, salsa, Greek yogurt. Not all at the same time, of course. Usually just one or two of them.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Of course! In fact, I took the advanced life saving class early. I had to. I had already passed all the other classes and that was next in the sequence. I wasn't allowed to get my certification on it, though, because I was too young. I took it a second time when I was allowed to pass. I'm comfortable in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment